This text is reproduced with kind permission of Large Format Review, you can read the original article first published here.
Global Graphics companies, Meteor Inkjet, Xitron and Global Graphics Software, are among the first wave of exhibitors at Printing Expo online, a new virtual exhibition that opens today where exhibition stands are rendered out to real physical dimensions to give visitors an immersive experience 365 days of the year.
Global Graphics CEO Mike Rottenborn says, “Trade shows have always been close to our heart as a way to connect with customers and prospects, but COVID has changed many things in the world, and the “new normal” won’t be the same as it was before COVID. Virtual trade shows will be another tool in our sales and marketing toolbox, and we’re excited to participate in the first real virtual show that looks and feels like a trade show. Kudos to the team that has introduced this modern solution to our industry.”
The visitor experience mimics a real exhibition: visitors register at the entrance, navigate down the aisles and walk onto exhibition stands where they can watch video, download data sheets and request a meeting with the exhibitor.
Meteor will showcase its complete portfolio of industrial inkjet electronics, software, tools and services including:
• robust and scalable printhead drive electronics for all leading industrial inkjet printheads;
• extensive suite of off-the-shelf and bespoke software including software development kits, digital front ends (DFEs), industrial RIPs and print quality tools;
• complete line of DropWatcher systems and waveform development services for ink characterization, print reliability analysis and printhead evaluation.
On display at the Xitron stand will be workflow solutions for every segment of the printing market; flexography, commercial offset, screen printing, and DFE solutions for the desktop inkjet and short to mid-run digital segments. Each workflow features the powerful Harlequin RIP core with additional tools specific to the prepress needs of the corresponding market.
Of primary interest to high-speed inkjet press manufacturers will be Xitron’s Navigator DFE. Designed to help get these presses to market faster, Navigator DFE drives printheads from Memjet, HP, Epson, Konica-Minolta and others with incredible color accuracy and spot color matching ability. Recently recognized with the InterTech™ 2020 Technology award, Navigator DFE can be packaged as a complete solution including engine controls, or as an API for systems with existing software.
Global Graphics Software will be exhibiting its full product range including:
• Harlequin RIP, the industry’s fastest RIP to power digital workflows;
• Direct, a fully integrated graphics pipeline that sends data directly to the printhead electronics instead of writing to disk, winner of a 2021 Buyers Lab (BLI) Outstanding Innovation award in Production Print from Keypoint Intelligence;
• Fundamentals, a flexible Digital Front End (DFE) for label and packaging workflows developed jointly with HYBRID Software;
• Mako, a multi-purpose software development kit used for a variety of functions in document workflows such analysis, conversion, optimization, cloud and mobile app development;
• PrintFlat uniformity correction software to remove artifacts from inkjet printing such as streaking, mottling and banding, recipient of a 2019 InterTech Technology Award.